About Boca Raton
Thriving Business. Comfortable Residences. Beautiful Beaches & Parks. Luxury Shopping.
The coastal city of Boca Raton is one of the wealthiest communities in South Florida and welcomes residents and visitors with picturesque Mediterranean & Spanish Colonial Revival architecture, well-groomed landscaping throughout, 1500 acres of parks, 4 miles of tropical beaches, a variety of dining & shopping opportunities, and a vibrant business and academic community.
Boca Raton is the southernmost city in Palm Beach County and lies between Fort Lauderdale to the south and Palm Beach to the north. It is home to 93,235 residents according to the 2015 Census, with approximately 200,000 more living in unincorporated Boca Raton postal addresses.
Like the rest of South Florida, Boca Raton is an ideal place to visit in the wintertime, with average temperatures of 70-75° F.
Boca Raton is served by two major highways, Interstate 95 and the Florida Turnpike, which provide easy access to nearby major cities and airports:
- Palm Beach and the Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) are 30 minutes to the North
- Downtown Fort Lauderdale and the Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) are 30 minutes to the South
- Downtown Miami, South Beach and the Miami Airport (MIA) are 50 minutes to the South
Boca Raton also boasts a Public Airport, primarily supporting private planes and charters, including JetSmarter and Airstream Jets.
Visitors can reach Boca Raton by train in two ways:
- TriRail, a commuter rail system serving South Florida, has a station at Yamato Road
- Amtrak trains stop at Delray Beach and Deerfield Beach, which are right next to Boca Raton and only a 5 minutes cab/Uber ride away
Business and Academic Community
Boca Raton has a thriving business environment and high quality office developments. The business climate is described as “as good as the tropical weather.”
It currently serves as headquarters for several corporations, including Office Depot, ADT, NCCI and Modernizing Medicine. In addition, Boca Raton is home to hundreds of small and midsize businesses.
Boca Raton is home to several Universities and Colleges:
- Florida Atlantic University (FAU): public Division I research university with over 30,000 students
- Lynn University: private university of 2,100 students and the highest percentage of international students in the nation
- Palm Beach State College: enrolls nearly 49,000 students and has a campus in Boca Raton
- Everglades University: 1,498 enrolled
FAU is very active in the Boca Raton business community through its Business School, Research Park, and FAU Tech Runway, a public-private partnership that serves as a hub to accelerate technology development and incubate startup companies.
Shopping, Dining and Nightlife
Boca Raton features an eclectic mix of shopping, dining and nightlife destinations.
Downtown, located in East Boca Raton and only minutes from the beaches, has developed into an idyllic urban setting where visitors can enjoy numerous retail outlets and plenty of dining options. It is anchored by Royal Palm Place and Mizner Park, an internationally recognized destination set in a perfectly landscaped, park-like environment.
Central Boca Raton, where Office Edge is located, also includes numerous shopping & dining options and is home to Town Center Mall, a large, thriving, upscale indoor shopping mall with delightful atriums, vegetation, distinctive fountains, and spacious posh seating areas for visitors to relax.