Fort Lauderdale Business Tax
Encouraging Business Growth in Fort Lauderdale
The City of Fort Lauderdale requires payment of an annual Fort Lauderdale business tax before you may engage in or manage any business, profession or occupation within the city limits. This requirement is per the Code of Ordinances, Sections 15-28.
The City also issues restricted business tax receipts for home-based businesses, requiring a completed Home Business Tax Application along with a copy of your Florida driver’s license or state-issued identification. A Business Tax Receipt will be issued if the business meets the city requirements.
In addition, proper street vending permits must be obtained from the Business Tax Office in order to sell any food, beverage, service or merchandise on any street, alley, sidewalk or public park within the city.
A business tax receipt for your Fort Lauderdale business tax is valid from October 1 through September 30 of the following year. Renewal reminders are mailed prior to expiration, and the tax receipt is mailed once payment is received. The tax receipt must be posted and visible to the public.
Forms may be obtained here.
We can help you navigate the confusing business tax landscape
Office Edge has been operating in South Florida for 20 years, and during that time we have helped hundreds of business clients navigate the various tax codes. Our services include:
- Determining which business taxes apply at city and county levels based on your business category
- Completing initial application form and shepherding through local government
- Making sure tax check is received by government office, and business tax receipt issued to your business
- Submitting annual business tax renewals
- Serving as point of contact with government office on your behalf.
We’ll take the guesswork, and the legwork, out of paying your Fort Lauderdale business tax as well as your Broward County business tax.