Coral Gables Business Tax
City Business Tax Encourages Business Growth in Coral Gables
Each year more than 200,000 new businesses open their doors in South Florida, and most are responsible for city business tax and county business tax as well as other taxes and fees.
The City of Coral Gables and Miami-Dade County collect business taxes, which are renewable annually, in order to support a business-friendly environment that promotes prosperity.
In accordance with the City of Coral Gables Code of Ordinances (Chapter 66 Article 2), a Business Tax is levied on any individual who maintains a permanent business location or branch office within the city for the privilege of engaging in or managing any business, profession, or occupation within the city. Individuals in certain other occupations or professions in interstate commerce may also be required to pay local business tax.
In Coral Gables, businesses are prohibited from operating in residential homes. Business licenses must provide a business address, and many clients who work at home use the Office Edge business address for their tax filings and other documentation.
We Can Simplify Your City Business Tax
Professional practitioners are recognized professions regulated by state boards requiring examination and certification. Each person engaged in the practice of their profession — whether alone, in a partnership, or as an employee of another person, partnership, corporation or professional association — is responsible for paying local business tax.
- The business tax is assessed against any business, occupation or profession on or before October 1 of each year, and annually thereafter.
- Penalties apply to delinquent payments to a maximum of 25% of the tax amount.
- A nominal business tax processing fee also applies, and a business tax inspection fee may apply.
- A Business Tax application form is required initially, but the annual business tax can be renewed online each year thereafter.
The amount of your city business tax varies based on industry or professional or occupational category. The listing of applicable business taxes comprises 26 pages of the City of Coral Gables Fee Schedule.
Following are several examples of annual business taxes for solo practitioners in the City of Coral Gables. These examples do not reflect any county business tax that may be applicable, and additional fees may apply for businesses with two or more employees.
- Abstract/Title Company – $312
- Importer/Exporter – $423
- Tax Preparation Service – $189
The Office Edge Difference
Office Edge has been operating in South Florida for almost 20 years, and during that time we have helped hundreds of business clients navigate the various applicable tax codes. Our services include:
- Determining whether business tax applies at city or county level based on your business category
- Completing initial application form and shepherding through local government
- Making sure tax check is received by government office, and business tax receipt issued to your business
- Submitting annual business tax renewals
- Serving as point of contact with government office on your behalf.
In short, as part of our exceptional service to our clients, Office Edge Coral Gables will take the guesswork, and the legwork, out of paying your local business tax.
To learn more about the benefits of becoming an Office Edge client, call us at 305.777.0200 or email us at Sales@OECoralGables.com.