Miami-Dade County Business Tax
County Business Tax Promotes Prosperity in Miami-Dade County
Each year more than 200,000 new businesses open their doors in South Florida. In addition to the City of Coral Gables, Miami-Dade County also collects a county business tax, renewable annually, in support of a business-friendly environment that promotes prosperity.
In Miami-Dade County the local business tax (formerly known as occupational license) varies depending on the nature of your business. A business tax receipt is required for each place of business and for each separate classification at the same location.
As with the City of Coral Gables, businesses may not operate in homes and business licenses must reflect a business address. Many Office Edge clients who prefer to work at home use our professional business address for their tax filings and other documentation.
We Take the Confusion Out of Your County Business Tax
In Miami-Dade County, a business that is also located within a municipality (such as Coral Gables, or the City of Miami) is required to obtain both a City receipt and a County receipt.
- As with the Coral Gables business tax, the County issues Local Business Tax Receipts for one year, beginning October 1 and expiring on September 30 of each year.
- The Local Business Tax office must be notified in writing regarding any changes to business name or ownership, location, number of employees, equipment, machines or any other contingency.
Some County Business Tax Categories have specific additional requirements. Some applicants are eligible for exemptions. As with most tax code, the County requirements can be confusing and may seem contradictory to an inexperienced business owner.
Following are examples of the annual business tax levied by Miami-Dade County for several different types of businesses. These examples do not reflect any additional Coral Gables business tax.
- Title Insurance/Abstract Company – $150
- Consultant – $60
- Attorney – $70
- Sales – $45
The Office Edge Difference
Office Edge has been operating in South Florida for almost 20 years, and during that time we have helped hundreds of business clients navigate the various applicable tax codes. Our services include:
- Determining whether business tax applies at city or county level based on your business category
- Completing initial application form and shepherding through local government
- Making sure tax check is received by government office, and business tax receipt issued to your business
- Submitting annual business tax renewals
- Serving as point of contact with government office on your behalf.
In short, as part of our exceptional service to our clients, Office Edge Coral Gables will take the guesswork, and the legwork, out of paying your City and County business tax.
To learn more about the benefits of becoming an Office Edge client, call us at 305.777.0200 or email us at Sales@OECoralGables.com.